Monday, January 05, 2009

So far, 2009 sucks

It sucks. In a big, hairy balls kinda way. It sucketh on so many levels, in so many ways.

Remember that little "head cold" I came down with the day after Christmas? Yea, I'm still sick. It's morphed into this all-encompassing, multi-symptom, snotty, coughy, feel-like-shit-in-a-general-kinda-way sorta monster. And I'm gettin really tired of this fucking thing.

Buyin Puffs and Ny-quil is about to break us.

I scare myself every time I look in the mirror. I'm pasty and washed out and look like some homeless person...draggin around the house with my hair in a headband, stickin out every which-way, and my Sponge-Bob Squarepants pants draggin the floor. All I need is a shoppin cart, some empty soda cans and a few plastic bags to complete the look.

And we're flooded again. Not nearly as bad this time, but bad enough to close one of the roads out. And bad enough that our sump pump runs about as frequently as my nose. On the bright side, the river is goin down. Slowly. On another bright side, we don't currently have any snow, ice or mixture thereof on the ground. Well, except for the frozen flood water, anyway.

Of course, bein Illinois, I'm sure that's about to change.

Good gawd. There's only what?...another four months until spring?

I wish I was a bear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home