Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm such a dork

I love sunglasses.

Unfortunately, I can no longer wear contacts, so I hafta wear glasses all the time. I've tried prescription sunglasses, but it's a pain in the ass to keep switchin back and forth. My script is also a tough one, and "tough" translates as "expensive", so I can't feed my cheap fashion sunglasses jones. I finally found some clip-ons that fit my glasses reasonably well, but they can be a pain, too...especially if you're tryin to drive and clip 'em on at the same time. They're also really easy to lose.

I'd seen the ad on TV for those
  • wrap around sunglasses
  • ...they fit right over your regular glasses. Sounded like a good idea, but I thought they kinda looked like those cataract sunglasses that the old farts in Boca wear.

    I ain't quite there. Yet.

    So, the other day, I was in Walgreen's and stumbled on somethin similar. Except these looked a bit more....ah...fashionable. And they fit over my glasses without makin me look too much like Grandma Berniece from Boca.
    So I snagged 'em.

    Me, being me, decided that they could do with a little more...bling, so I visited my friendly craft store and found some rhinestone stickers. They're meant to be used on scrapbook pages, but what the hell? Who made that a rule?





    Whatta ya think? Are they me?

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home