Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm funny...how?

"You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?"

I dunno. I'm not sure why, but people think I'm funny.

Last time I visited my doc, she said, "You're funny."

My boss thinks I'm funny...she even mentioned my "infectious sense of humor" in my yearly eval last week.

I ran into Bergner's on my lunch hour today, and I was chattin with a saleswoman, and she said, "You're funny!". Which really suprised me. Some of those Bergner's saleswomen can be kinda...snooty.

Tonight, on my way outa work, my boss's boss stopped me to ask if I'd had a chance to watch some boooooring training DVD he wanted me to critique. I told him yea. He asked me what I thought of it and I said, "Ya want the truth or do you want me to bullshit ya?" (hey...I'd already punched out...it was on MY time)He laughed and said, "You're funny."

And the thing is, I'm not sure why people think I'm funny. It's not like I'm tryin to be funny. Most of the time, anyway. It's not like I lay awake at night and think up funny things to say. It's just how it comes outa my mouth, ya know?

I just happen to think life, in general, is pretty funny. I mean, when ya consider the alternative...and it's just too short to take it so seriously.

Oh, and the quote? From one of my most favorite movies...Goodfellas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home