Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sweet, sweet relief

Ever have a 20-hour-long headache?

I started gettin a niggling little headache at about 11 last night. By 3 am, it was a full-blown head-banger. I was up and down til 7 or so when I finally gave up, called in sick and started in on the pain relievers in earnest.

I'm still on "probation" at work, but wasn't too awfully worried about callin in. It's a reasonably "loose" job, as far as jobs go. It's nice to know that I won't be punished in some fashion for callin off sick...like bein forced into a double shift or working an extra day. It's really nice to know that it's not a "life and death" kinda job. Nobody gets hurt if I miss. Nobody hasta take on extra work to make up for me.

Anywho, three ibuprofen. Nothin. Three Tylenol. Didn't even dent it. Found some leftover Vicodin of the Zigster's...might as well have taken a vitamin for all the good that did.

I finally popped three aspirin and soaked in a scalding hot bath for about an hour. I might die from liver failure, but the damn headache's gone. And I'm really clean.

When the headache was at it's worst, I said to Ziggy, "If you really loved me, you'd chop my head off."

"Ok. I'll just run down to Ace and buy an axe."

Hmmmm...maybe I oughta suggest some other method of proving his love. Seems like he was awful agreeable to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home