Sunday, December 03, 2006

Flip it

Oh, the irony...

Or maybe irony doesn't have anything to do with it.

I'm a big fan of most of the decorating shows that are on HGTV. Decorating and remodeling homes on a budget is what I used to be all about, but some of the things they do on these shows is just plain...stupid. Like painting a ceiling after they paint the walls. Uh...excuse me? Anybody with any brains knows ya paint the ceiling first. That way, if the paint splatters on the walls (and rest assured, it will) you don't hafta go back and touch up the walls.

Duh?

But I digress. A little.


Just this morning, I was watching one of those shows..dunno which one, but it was basically realtors coming in and doing appraisals of people's homes. I told Ziggy that I wished I was ten years younger...I'd go into the "flippin" business again. Ya know? Buy up crappy, cheap houses and throw a little sweat equity into 'em and resell. The ex and I did this (very successfully, I might add) a couple-three times and I was hooked.

I mean, it just amazes me that most people have no imagination whatsoever when they look at a house...they simply can't "see" what it could be with a little work. Sometimes, very little work. Lemme tell ya...a good cleaning and a couple cans of paint can do wonders, but people just can't see it.

Aaaanywho, I'd absolutely love to get into this again but physically, I'm not so sure I could do it. So after I said all this, I'm readin my horoscope:

Libra
September 22 - October 22
Are you buying a new home or possibly investing in land, dear Libra? If so, you couldn't have picked a better time to do it. Business dealings involving real estate of any kind show promise of being very profitable, so don't let doubt get in your way. Explore every possibility, consider all the pros and cons, and then, if it looks like it's going to work, go for it!


Freaky, huh?

Anybody got a cheap house I can buy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home