Sunday, November 12, 2006

Product pimpage



Let me preface this by saying I'm not a big sweet-eater. Oh, if it's in front of me, I'll nosh. But sweets aren't my diet downfall. I could probably count on one hand the number of candy bars I've eaten in the last year.

And I'm a darned good cook, but as far as baking goes...well...there are a lotta things I do a lot better.

Having said all that, though, there are those rare times that I, being a hormonal woman after all, crave something sweet. Chocolate to be more specific.

Not just any chocolate will do, though. It's gotta be dark chocolate. None of that namby-pamby milk chocolate, thank you very much. DARK chocolate. The darker, the better. One of my favorites has always been Hershey's Special Dark. Preferably those BIG bars.

Unfortunately, they had 'em on sale when I went grocery shoppin yesterday.

But they also had something else. Hershey's Special Dark Espresso. It's called a "Limited Edition", so I suppose that means I won't be able to find it the next time I'm feeling extra-hormonal. Bastards. I hate it when they do that.

But it's like......heaven. It's like...dark, dark coffee-flavored chocolate heaven. Imagine taking a cup of really strong espresso...and melting a bar of dark chocolate in it. Oh. My. Gawd. Two of my favoritest flavors in the whole, wide world...coffee and chocolate...together in one decadent...almost obscene...bite.

Like I said, I suck at baking. But I'm thinkin about warm Toll House cookies using bits of this instead of chocolate chips. Can you imagine?

I just might hafta fire up the ole oven and DO it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home