Saturday, July 29, 2006

Just call me "Pammy Trendy"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Not.

Normally, when I see something that seems to becoming a trend, I run screaming the other way. And, when given a choice, I'll pick some kind of natural material over plastic any day. That's especially true for my choices in handbags and shoes. I want the real stuff. Leather.

But when looking for a pair of beach shoes for our yearly trip to the Keys in April, I grabbed a pair of bone-colored Crocs. They just made sense. They're not exactly plastic...they're some kinda really dense foam...but I figured they were just what I needed to walk around on the beach or wade in the shallows (lotsa broken coral in that area). They only weigh a couple of ounces. The water wouldn't hurt 'em a bit and they'd be easy to clean.

What I didn't realize was just how damned comfortable they are. And I'm all about comfort. Especially comfortable shoes. Like I said, they don't weigh anything, they're not a bit hot thanks to all the vent holes and they're just so handy to slip on to run to the basement...or to the grocery store. I'm thinkin with a pair of socks, they'll even be ok this winter. Unless we have six inches of snow on the ground, anyway.

They just make my feet really happy. "Barefoot" makes my feet even happier...I don't wear shoes at home...ever. Unfortunately, I can't go barefoot everywhere.

See, I have ape feet. Look at a picture of an orangutan. Look at his feet. That's what my feet look like. Except I paint my toenails. They're damn near as wide as they are long. Paddles. I don't have feet, I have paddles. And yea...I can pick up things with my toes. To say I have a hard time finding comfortable shoes would be an understatement.

So anywho, I liked the first pair so much I used my Mother's Day gift certficate from my daughter and ordered another pair from Amazon. In red.

Bright RED.

Yea, they're just plain dorky-lookin. Yea, they're definitely NOT a natural material. Yea, they seem to be a trend right now. But they make my feet happy.

I'm thinkin I really need a pair of sage green next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home