Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hmmmm...wonder who she talked to?

Cuz it sure wasn't me

Ok, the reporter for the
  • PJStar
  • WAS there that day. And, she DID talk to me...for about 20 seconds on the phone because we were too busy for a good, ole 'face to face'. Not nearly long enough to pick up on things like...oh...sarcasm...for example, I guess.

    "I am open to new adventures and I love making a fool out of myself," she said.

    What would have been more accurate, would have been this: "I'm always open to new adventures and I love making a fool out of myself," she said sarcastically. That's what I said and that's how I said it.

    Oh, yea...like 'making a fool out of myself', on purpose, is one of my favorite things to do.

    Given the choice, I'd rather not 'make a fool out of myself', thank you very much. Just because I'm damn good at it doesn't mean I LIKE it.

    None of the crew told me I couldn't "share the details". It must've been Louise that told her that, though I'm not sure how they could prevent it since all three stories were found on the blog during research for the show. In fact, two of 'em are saved on the ole processor...I might just blog 'em again...just to be perverse.

    And finally, we actually reinacted and filmed two of the stories, not just one. And I had to retell the third, on camera. I'm not sure if they'll use just one or all three...but it's a little factoid that could have been mentioned.

    Am I nitpickin? Probably. But I'd still like to see facts in the newspaper.

    At least, that's what I was taught waaaaay back in the stone age when I was a journalist...get the facts and report 'em accurately.

    I thought that's what newspapers were for?

    Ah well. At least it wasn't an obit.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home