Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Odds and ends

Because most of my 'ends' are odd

I don't like my dishwasher. I shouldn't complain...it's brand-spanking new and we didn't hafta pay for it...shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth and all that.

I think I've mentioned before that I love where we live. In fact, I could link to several posts where I've said that very thing...if I wouldn't have been such a twit and deleted the whole blog. Anywho, the apartment is really nice and the management has been outstanding. Anytime we've had a problem, they're there, if not the same day, the next day, for sure. And the problem gets fixed. Period. I should probably mention that we rarely have problems in the first place. They actually maintain the joint.

Several weeks ago, my dishwasher took a big poop. Right in the middle of the kitchen floor, no less, turning the kitchen into an indoor pool. I called and my favorite maintainence guy, Greg, came right over to check it out.

Yup. Within five minutes, he'd pronounced the poor old thing dead. No problem. The very next day, a brand new, sparkling white dishwasher was delivered and installed within a half hour. No mess. No fuss. And no leaks. Poof. New dishwasher. Problem solved.

Except I don't like it. Oh, it washes the dishes like it's supposed to. But it doesn't seem to have the room the old one did. I don't like how it turns on. I don't like that it feels....cheap. Well, hell..it probably was cheap. It's just not the same quality as the old one.

As I was loading it last night, I mentioned not liking it...again...to Ziggy.

His reply?

"Think of it this way...what if we'd had to pay four hundred bucks for a new one and you just...didn't like it?"

I like it a lot better now. He's such a smart man.

# # # # # # # # # # # # # #

In other 'odd ends', I'm startin to experience a little stage fright. Tomorrow's the big filming day for the TLC special. The crew's in Chicago and will drive down tomorrow. The location is set and all the 'extras' are in place.

I'm firmly convinced I'll make a total ass out of myself. I'll probably fall down. At the very least, I'll probably provide an illustration of just how damned easy it is for me to get my size 7 foot into my size 6 mouth.

Wouldn't that be ironic? They're shootin a special about blunders and I make a huge one during the filming. And believe me..it could happen. I suppose it'd just give 'em a little more footage. A blunder filmed whilst filming a special about blunders. Perfect.

Hey...if it could happen to anyone, it'll happen to me.

Anywho, I'll (or Ziggy) will take lots of photos if given the opportunity. He's takin the day off to be my moral support (AND to be an 'extra'), bless his heart...I know it kills him to miss work. And, be sure...a detailed post will appear...at some point.

'Blog fodder'. Yea. I'll just keep thinkin about what great blog fodder this'll make.

Yea. That's it. I'm doin this for you guys, ya know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home