Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday flashback

This week's flashback goes back to this very weekend, 40 years ago.

It was the summer of '69. I was just 14 (going on fifteen, thankyouverymuch) and was already very much a little hippie-girl. I desperately wanted to go see Max Yasgur's farm for myself...in fact, I seriously kicked around the idea of hitchin' to New Yawk to do just that.

I must've had at least one reasonably mature, unfried brain cell, and didn't do it. Dammit. No doubt it was for the best. If I'd have returned unscathed, I'd have been grounded for...like...life.

But it was definitely the stuff of little hippie-girls' dreams.



So what were you doing this weekend 40 years ago? If you tell me you went to Woodstock, I'll cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home