Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I must've been living under a rock

As a long-time smoker, I've tried to quit more times than I can count.
  • Chantix
  • definitely helps with the nicotine craving...along with the craving for caffeine. But it doesn't do much for the habit. Those "triggers" that say, "I have to have a cigarette...NOW". The first cup of coffee...after a meal...getting in the car...sitting down to blog. heh

    I think only another smoker will know what I mean.

    I've also tried the patches. They fall off. It's like my body is rejecting them. I've tried the gum. It just makes my jaws hurt. I've tried just...stopping. Naturally, that didn't go well.

    The thing is, though...if smoking weren't so bad for me health-wise, I wouldn't quit. I'd keep smoking just to annoy the smoking police. I dunno...I've always been one of those people...you know the kind?...if somebody tells me I can't do something, especially if it's under the guise of "it's for my own good", I will do it, come hell or high water.

    Having said all that, I can't believe I only heard about
  • e cigarettes
  • about a week ago. They've been out a couple years or so.

    So I did some pretty extensive online research. And then I ordered some.

    It's far too early to say for sure, but I think I just might be on to something that can really help.

    Of course, now that I've found what might be my own personal answer to kickin the habit, the FDA has to stick their nose in. As if they don't have more important things to worry about.

    CNN has an article about it
  • here


  • So they think there might be some carcinogens in the nicotine liquid that's used in the e cigs. It's still far less than what's in a regular cigarette. Hell, it's probably far less than what's in some of the air that a lot of us are exposed to on a daily basis.

    But ya know what I'm really looking forward to? Using the e cig somewhere where there's NO SMOKING ALLOWED!! Because I'm not really smoking...it's just a nicotine delivery system that looks like a cigarette instead of a clear patch thingy.

    The "smoke" you see isn't smoke. It's vapor. No worries about "second-hand smoke", you putzes. Honest ta gawd...there's NO smell. There's NOTHING burning. You don't need an ashtray. You don't need a lighter. They don't stink up your clothes or your house.

    There's NOTHING to offend the smoking police...other than the fact that it looks like I'm smoking.

    And if simple looks can offend...well, there's a whole lotta fuckers out there that offend me.



    I dunno...ya think I should go ahead and start a "Bail Pammy Outa Jail" fund? heh

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home