Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Well....that was certainly....exciting

Nothin like the sound of gunfire...close gunfire...to get the ole adrenalin pumpin. Makes ya feel...alive.

So. I had the occasion to be down in the southern-most portion of the city late this afternoon. I was on the street just to the south side of Harrison Homes...can't remember what it was.

Aaanywho, I got about mid-block, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw 4 or 5 young guys standing about...I dunno...25-30 feet from the sidewalk, maybe. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention. I get just past 'em and...

BLAM!

Did you know that it is possible to duck and floor the accelerator at the same time? 'Course, ya can't see where you're goin, but that's just a small detail.

My very first thought was fireworks. And then I remembered just exactly where I was.

I went around the corner onto Montana on two wheels, I think. And heard another...

BLAM!

Ok, that was definitely not fireworks.

And, I've gotta tell ya...I'm such a dork. My second thought?

Marge Gunderson in "Fargo" (my favorite movie of all time), wearin her hat with the ear flaps and yellin, "Shots fired! Shots fired!"

I whip around the corner onto Griswold and as I'm digging in my purse for my cell phone to call 911, the popo comes wheelin around the corner, headed in the right direction.

So, I'm out on Adams, about half-way through town and sittin at a stop light...and I start laughin hysterically...about me thinkin about Marge Gunderson...at a time like that.

If anybody'd have seen me, they'd have thought I'd lost my mind. heh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home