Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Overheard conversations

Plink.....plink....plink..plink....plink...



Me: "I know what I want for Christmas. I promise...I promise I'll use it."

Ziggy: "............?"

Me: "Really. I promise I'll use it."

Ziggy: "Ok. What is it?"

Me: "A bike."

Ziggy: "..............." (trying valiantly to keep from grinning as a mental picture of me ridin a bike floats through his mind)

Me: "Yea. I wanna bike. I need to exercise, but I hate walkin. I love to ride a bike. And we have the perfect place for me to ride. The street in front is nice and flat...and I can ride all the way to the end of it and back." (pointing in a roughly southerly direction)

Ziggy: "I thought you wanted a gun for Christmas?"

Me: "Oh. I do. I want a bike and a gun. Hey...I can ride down the street and plink at squirrels on the way."

Ziggy: "How's about if I get you a bike and you can ride it back and forth on the street in front of the house...and I'll stand in the yard with the gun and plink at you as ya ride by...ya know? Like one of those carnival shootin galleries?"

I laughed so hard I peed my pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home