Friday, October 31, 2008

Aaaiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!


I think Halloween is my favorite holiday. For several reasons. Lemme explain...

Halloween is in October. October is my favorite month. Halloween means candy. I like candy. I met da Zigster for the first time on Halloween...and my life was forever changed. Halloween means apples and caramel and fall colors and kids and pumpkins and costumes and...well...fun. It's a holiday just for fun.

Halloween also means horror flicks. And I'm a sucker for a good horror movie any time of the year. I'll list just a few of my favorites. In most cases, it's the original version...if it's "Whatever II" or III or IV...it usually sucks.

In my opinion, the be all and end all of horror movies is....

The Exorcist - it scared the shit outa me the first time I saw it. It scares me, still. Especially the uncut version where Reagan scuttles down the stairs...backwards...upside down. Like a spider. Ewwwwwww!

Poltergeist - I love the whole "horror in Pleasantville" thing. Monsters smack dab in the middle of suburbanland.

Bram Stoker's Dracula - This is a visually stunning flick. The story line's great. The special effects are great. I love it.

Night of the Living Dead - Romero's original '68 version. I mean...c'mon...who doesn't love zombies? Well...except
  • Eric
  • , I mean.

    Dawn of the Dead - The 2004 version. More zombies! It's funny. In a really...gory...sorta way.

    Rosemary's Baby - It's a subtle kinda scary. I love watchin it now. Everything's so...retro. heh

    The Shining - Visually, this is a stunner, too. And Nicholson? Nobody else coulda done it.

    Saw - Unique premise. Gory enough, even for me.

    Arachnophobia - Spiders. I feel about spiders the way Eric feels about zombies. ICK! ICK! ICKICKICKICKICK!

    The Thing - The '82 version with Kurt Russell.

    The Grudge - Spooky.

    Silence of the Lambs - It's everything a horror flick should be.

    Thirty Days of Night - Set in Alaska during...well...thirty days of night. And vampires that speak Aleut. 'Nuff said.

    Hellraiser - Pinhead is da man!

    Jaws - What can I say? The first time I swam in the ocean, it was all I could think of.

    Ok, those are a few of mine. What's yours?

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home