Saturday, October 25, 2008

An observation

So, when it comes to politics, I'm just about as impartial as they get. It's not that I'm apathetic. I'm not. Exactly.

See, I have a black/white kinda view about a whole lotta things. It is or it isn't. It's right or it's wrong. No middle ground. No wishy-washy inbetween.

Except politics.

I like a lot of the ideology of the Republican party. But there's a lot I don't like. I like a lot of things about the Democratic party. But there's a lot of things I don't like. In the past, when I've voted, I've never stuck to one party or the other. I've voted for who I believe to be the best person for that particular office...no matter what their political "color".

This year's campaigning...gawd...it seems like it's been the worst. It's been loud and obnoxious and dirty. Even more than usual, I think. And it's not just on a national level. Here in Podunk, USA the campaigning has even been awful.

If you were to believe everything you hear from each side, every single candidate...from the lowest office to the highest...is a total and complete waste of skin...a piss-poor excuse for a human being.

Probably ain't far from the truth, actually. But that's not my point.

Now, I can't be called politically savvy...not by any stretch of the imagination. But I listen to the news...a lot. I read...a lot. I read a lotta bloggers...many of which aren't even on my blogroll. Many are pointedly...sometimes fanatically...pro one side or the other.

And I've gotta tell ya, people...this year, if the elections were to be based solely on shrillness, hate and vitriol? The Republicans win. Hands down.

So much for yer Christian-based family values, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home