Sunday, October 12, 2008

Things ya see when ya have a camera

Or should I say, things ya see when ya remember to take the camera.
(Click on photos to embiggen)

Yesterday was a glorious 80 degrees...and it started out like this...


And then, we saw this...


We figured that it might be the last time we'd get to go topless this season, so we hit the open road...


We took a drive up to Henry and wandered down to the site of the now defunct Henry Lock and Dam...






Beautiful, huh?

We stopped by the...I think it's called "The Landings"...at Henry Marina...to suck down a couple Coronas on their deck. When we pulled into the parkin lot, we saw this...


Ain't it purty? I'd like to have it. Oh, I'm too pussy to ride anymore. I'd just park it in my living room...for decoration. heh

Then we saw our future home...


Ok, so we can dream, can't we? Gawd....what I wouldn't give to own a houseboat...

As we were sittin there, daydreamin about livin on the water, this pulled into the parkin lot...


We were gonna grab a hamburger at the marina, but it was busy and the poor little bartender was...well...bartendin, waitin tables and cookin...all by herself. So we decided to head on back towards home and grab some supper at the River Beach Pub. We sat outside on the deck...and got a great show...




Bellies full, noses sunburned and the moon startin to peek out of the fading blue sky, we headed back up the road a bit to home...






We wandered down through a part of our 'hood that we rarely wander through...and noticed a neighbor, mowin his lawn...


Yup. One of our neighbors does, indeed, have a big, white billy-goat. Gawd, I love this 'hood.

And then we came home.

Today is 'sposed to be picture-perfect, as well, so we're headed out to do it all over again. We're gonna hit a bit of the Spoon River Scenic Drive. Mmmmmmmmm...I hear a poke chop sammich callin my name!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home