Monday, October 13, 2008

Perfection



The local "color" isn't quite at peak, yet. But this maple we discovered in Farmington yesterday, is just about as close to perfect as any I've seen.

It was such a beautiful day, we took another little drive, this time in the opposite direction. We took a meander down Rt. 8 through Edwards and Elmwood to Farmington to check out a bit of the Scenic Drive. The park in Farmington was busy, but not nearly as much as in past years. Coulda been because it was the last day...coulda been because everybody went the first weekend because it was so nice then, too. Whatever the reason, it was nice to be able to walk through the part without people rammin into ya.

I'm just not into the "crafty country" crap anymore. Or antiques, either. And there's always tons of both to be found on the Scenic Drive. But I do have the hots for anyting "arty". I snagged
a gorgeous
  • dichroic glass
  • pendant from the same gal I bought three from last year.
    I can't photograph it well enough to post a picture, but dichroic glass looks like this...



    ...but the variations in color and style are...well...infinite. The particular artist I bought from does hers in far more intense colors and adds a sterling silver bale. I absolutely adore this stuff, and would love to learn how to make it, myself. Since I don't own a kiln, though, I'm thinkin it's just waaaay easier to buy it. heh Cheaper, too.

    After stuffin ourselves on loaded baked potatoes and homemade tenderloins, we left Farmington and headed to Lewistown. We stopped at a friend's house to visit for a bit and finalize our plans for our next "girls only" trip to St. Charles. (Can't wait!)

    It was gettin a little late, so we decided to just head home. A stop at the grocery store to grab some fresh veggies and cheese for a late, light supper, and our trip was complete.

    All in all, it was a great weekend. I'm thinkin we're not gonna have many more like this. (sigh)

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home