Saturday, November 08, 2008

No. No you can't put the toothpaste back into the tube

  • Dax
  • hit the ole nail right on the head.

    I've been thinkin about
  • this very thing
  • for weeks now. I thought it'd get better, once the election was over. But it ain't.

    "I really liked her Blog too. She was funny and witty and posted clever video clips and stories. Then Palin was picked as running mate and everything seemed to change. I never really thought of her Blog as political…at all. However, every post sometimes 4 or 5 a day just slammed conservatives and republicans, but most of all Palin. There was no more humor or sidewalk pictures anymore…only hate. Now that that genie has been let out of the bottle, I know that I’ll never view that Blog the same way again. It will always be “that left wing wacko” site first, then the clever witty Blog. Maybe not even that. Somehow I don’t think the toothpaste can be put back into the tube."

    He put it far more clearly than I could. But I'd just add that the door swings both ways.

    Dire predictions of what will happen to our country...our freedoms...our economy...hell, it's the end of the world as we know it. Coming from bloggers on both sides of the fence who I'd previously thought of, like Dax, as clever and witty. It's like this...thing...that's taken over...that's grown completely out of control. Like Audrey, the man-eating plant in Little Shop of Horrors.

    And the thing is, if the election had turned out differently...well...I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have changed a damn thing as far as the Audry effect goes.

    Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go try to put that toothpaste back into the tube. An exercise in futility, I'm sure.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home