Thursday, June 21, 2007

A rose is a rose is a rose

We doan need no steenkin roses!



Since we've moved into our little beach bungalow, I've had a ball buying flowers and plants. See, when we lived in the apartment, the patio was pretty small, so I didn't have room for a lotta stuff.

I grew up with a love of gardening and plants, in general. The best job I ever had (well, it was the one I liked the most, anyway) was workin in a florist/greenhouse. I didn't realize how much I'd missed fussin with plants...diggin in the dirt...watchin things grow and change...until we moved here.

Here's the list...so far:

1 pot of purple lisianthus (as pictured); 1 red double hibiscus; 2 pots of red, blooming vinca; 2 pots of a mix of coleus, vinca vine and springerii fern; 2 pots of calibrachoa, one pink, one purple (they look kinda like miniature petunias); 1 big pot of a mix of pink and purple petunias; 1 large pink/purple fuschia; 1 pot of yellow and orange tuberous begonias; 4 pots of mixed herbs; 1 Boston fern.

I drove by a greenhouse today and the car just automatically turned into the parkin lot. I couldn't stop it. My latest acquisition?



A pot of papyrus...cause ya never know when I might wanna make my own paper. heh

Oh, and I bought a pot of some kinda small, ornamental grass...just to fill in around the papyrus, which is supposed to get 6' tall. I might need a bigger pot.

We also have several tomato and pepper plants...but those are mostly Ziggy's domain. He grows 'em. I eat 'em. Works out good.

I keep sayin I'm done buyin plants. But they'll be markin everything down any time now.

And I think I really need a palm of some kind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home