Thursday, May 24, 2007

Yea. She did it "to help others"

So, a
  • 60 year old woman gave birth to twins
  • Tuesday...and she says she did it "to help others".

    I caught her interview this morning on the news. She went on to blather about how this is such a wonderful thing...being the mistress of your own ovaries, or some such drivel. And how she's "helping" other women.

    Bull. Shit. She's obviously been pulled and nipped and tucked six ways to Sunday. Having a baby...let alone two...at her age is just another desperate, selfish, misguided attempt to stay young.

    My mother was nearly forty when she had me. My dad was 44. They'd been married for eighteen years. To say I was a suprise is an understatement. I didn't have parents. I grew up with grandparents.

    I don't care how well preserved that couple is...those twins will grow up with great-grandparents. If they're very lucky, their parents will live to see them through their teenage years...but not much, if any, beyond. It's hard enough to lose your parents when you're in your 30's or 40's, let alone as a teenager.

    Ah well. C'est la vie, I guess. Better them than me.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home