Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Odds and ends....beeeecauuuuse?

Say it with me....all my ends are odd.

Yea, yea.

So, believe it or not, I wasn't hung over Sunday. Fortunately, I stopped drinkin fairly early. Unfortunately, it wasn't before I was pretty much shit-faced. In fact, I read Lolly yesterday morning and I wondered, "Now, who in the hell posted that?"
I did manage to get the steaks cooked for our guests, though. Pretty well, too. After all...I am the hostess wit' da mostest, right?
Eating, then having coffee after helped the shit-faced-ness immensely. I'm sure it made the ole hangover much less painful, too.
*****************

So what are you doing for Memorial weekend? Us? We're having ten thousand (quite possibly, fifteen thousand) or so of our
  • closest friends
  • over.

    WTF?? I'd heard of Summer Camp before, of course. But I had no idea it was as big as it is. Hell, that's like three times the size of the whole town, I think. And....uh....it's all happening...um...right across the friggin highway from us. Mmmhmmm.

    Rumor has it that it gets pretty wild...as in shades of "Woodstock". Gawd. I remember wanting to go to Woodstock sooooooo bad. If I were 20 years younger, I'd be a Summer Camper.

    But I'm not. So I'll just sit here and bitch about the noise, the inconvenience, the traffic...etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...like the old fart I am. (sigh) The locals tell me that the campers descend on the one and only grocery store like a plague of locusts, so if we want something decent to fix on the grill this weekend, I'd better go tomorrow.
    *****************

    Speaking of tomorrow, Mr. Surly, aka Stuart, has an appointment with the local nuterologist. I warned him and warned him. If he didn't behave, I'd send him to eunuch school. He peed on my brand new bathroom rug the other day, so his balls' days are numbered....and their number is up, honey.

    Lick 'em while ya got 'em, Stewie...lick 'em while ya got 'em.
    *****************

    And finally, under the heading of "Things Ya See When Ya Don't Have a Camera"...

    Remember a while back, I was tellin about seein a guy up on Main Street, ridin a bicycle wearing a bright yellow outfit, complete with matching "coolie hat"? Well, today while driving down Main, right around Campustown, I saw a guy on a bike. He had regular clothes on. But he had a great big, white plastic goose strapped to the front of his bike.

    Gotta be the same guy, right? Surely there can't be two bicycle-ridin whackjobs in the same neighborhood...right?

    I know. Don't call me "Shirley".

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home