Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I think we're on the downhill slide

Except for the kitchen, all the rooms are probably 80% packed up. Phone, cable and high-speed internet (Yahooo!) are scheduled for installation on the 27th. Pieces of furniture that we're gonna donate to a local agency will be picked up this Friday. Paint colors are selected for the two bedrooms (a dusty eggplant and a rich olive green). Hopefully, I'll have the time to actually get them painted before we move, but if I don't, it's no biggie.

'Course, a new place means at least a little change in the decor. I've been lusting for these dining chairs



for some time. I ordered 'em Saturday and they should be here this week, sometime.
I think they'll go great with the Kandinsky-inspired table that I painted a coupla years ago.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A new black leather storage ottoman/coffee table (on sale at Tar-jay!)



will look great with the newly-upholstered platform sofa we made a year or so ago. (The back cushions are being sewn up as we speak)



Funky, no? What the hell...the material was dirt cheap and it was easy-peasy to do, so I can change it if I decide it's just a tad too funky.

I've gotta admit, I love this part...the decorating part. I kinda like the putting-away/arranging-stuff-in-the-new-digs part, too. But where we're at now? The packing-up part? Uh...not so much. It sucks, in fact. I start out all organized and everything. This goes in that box and that goes in that other box. But by the time the actual move gets here, I'm just cramming crap in any-ole-where. Makes for some interesting suprises when ya start unpacking.

Anywho, we're going up Sunday to do some in-depth measuring (crossing fingers that all the furniture will fit) and last-minute planning, so I'll take the camera and get some "before" shots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home