Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day



I'm not one of those women who's into Valentine's Day. I don't want fresh flowers. I don't want jewelry. I don't want expensive dinners out or champagne.

Personally, I think celebraing love shouldn't be limited to one day a year. It should be celebrated 365 days a year. Having said that, there are some things that I do want.

I want daily kisses and hugs and to know when those kisses and hugs mean sex...and when they don't. I want a pat on the butt as he passes by. I want him to hold me when I need it and leave me alone when I need to be left alone. I want him to take charge when I don't want the job and not let his ego get in the way when I do feel like tackling the job.

I want him to be my sounding board, my confidante, my helper, my co-conspirator, my best friend and my lover. I want him to make me laugh and make me think and to challenge those thoughts.

I want to feel confident that he won't expose my deepest, darkest secrets; won't be jealous of time that's not spent with him and him alone; won't undermine me, humiliate me or put me down when we don't see eye to eye. I want to know that he has the balls to back up his confidence...no armchair quarterbacking. I don't need a father...I want someone who won't tell me what I "ought" to do...unless I ask for his opinion.

I want a man who will buy me an expensive box of assorted chocolates, even though he knows I don't need them, but because he knows I love 'em.

Hmmmm...I just realized that my "wants" are acutally my "already haves".

But I knew that all along, didn't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home