Monday, November 20, 2006

I won't even mention his name

Frankly, I don't wanna even give the sorry excuse for a human being that much recognition.

I'll just post the link to the
  • website
  • that I found via
  • Christine
  • , who speaks very eloquently about the subject.

    I'll defend anyone's right to freedom of speech, anywhere, anytime. He has every right to write this horrific book and give interviews until the cows come home. He even has the right to profit from it.

    But that doesn't mean any of us should contribute to that profit in any way, shape or form. It doesn't mean that any of us have to patronize any store that sells it or any company that advertises during the interview on Faux News.

    It would be nice, however, if we'd all sign the petition that's featured on the website and write to each company that's listed as a purveyor of this garbage.

    Some things are just....not right.

    This is one of them.

    Update Well, it looks like Rupert Murdoch's ole bag isn't completely dried up. He pulled the special that was supposed to air on Faux News and has halted the publication of the book, stating, "I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project. We are sorry for any pain this has caused the families..."

    My ass. I'm sure what he's really sorry about is that he won't be making a fucking fortune on the backs of murder victims and their families.

    I'm sure my scathing letter to Faux News this morning had something to do with it. (Ya know, it's hard to type when my tongue is planted in my cheek.)

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home