Saturday, April 29, 2006

Curious about the "Hindu Hiltons"

Ok, so I know that's not politically correct. Sue me. I noticed something strange during our vacation travel and was just wondering if anyone had an answer.

We've been to Florida three times in the last three years. It usually takes us between two and three days, each way. Almost without exception, when we've stopped for the night at some joint along the interstate, it's run by Indians or Pakistani's or some equally foreign-looking/speaking Middle Easterner. Comfort Inn, Ho-Jo's, Knight's Inn, Red Roof Inn, Holiday Inn...the brand doesn't seem to matter.

And, in most cases...not all, but MOST...the rooms are downright dirty. Believe me, I'm not picky when it comes to motels. But I at least expect a reasonably clean bathroom. Clean as in no strange pubic hair in the shower or on the floor. Nothing...icky...anywhere. Oh, and no bugs, please?

Spotlessly clean sheets...well, that should go without saying. So far, (knocking on wood) we've never run across any sheets that didn't look/smell clean. And I DO check.

But on this trip, we noticed several signs along the interstate advertising a particular Day's Inn, I think it was. At the bottom of the sign, quite clearly visible, was the 'fish' symbol...signifying Christianity, I presume....and it made us both wonder.

We're they advertising that they were owned and operated by Christians and especially welcomed the same? Or were they advertising that they weren't owned and/or operated by some furriner?

I have my own suspicions.

Though it kinda irks me that they have to stoop to advertising that they're NOT owned or operated by some Pakistani, if it means I've got a clean bathroom...well...you can guess which one I'll pick the next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home