Friday, April 28, 2006

And speaking of New Orleans

(Yes, I was. Read the previous post.)

I find it almost incomprehensible...I mean, almost beyond belief...that they're still pulling dead bodies out of homes in New Orleans...EIGHT FUCKING MONTHS AFTER KATRINA.

I know that they had to wait until the flood waters subsided. I know that there were thousands of tons of debris to sift through. I know that disasters like this take time to recover from. I know that "body recovery" isn't ANYONE'S idea of a good time. And gawd, yes...I know what a pure clusterfuck it was...and continues to be.

But EIGHT MONTHS?

What the HELL have they been doing? The flood waters subsided some time ago. The levees are almost totally repaired. Most of the streets have been cleared enough to let at least one vehicle pass.

They even held Mardi Gras, fer chrissake! They said it was an effort to 'normalize' things. Uh...

Wouldn't ya think that body recovery would have been one of the first priorities in order to get things back to "normal"?

No, I suppose not. Finger pointing was priority one, wasn't it? And while everyone's been so fuckin busy pointing fingers, bodies of HUMAN BEINGS are rotting in their destroyed homes. In a major metropolitan city. In the United States. In 2006.

This is the United States, not some third-world country. It's 2006, NOT 1506.

Unfuckingbelievable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home