Saturday, April 22, 2006

Some vacation critters

Whew. After reading what I posted last night it was a good thing I wasn't drivin. I had a heck of a time finding the right places for my fingers to go...I'm pretty sure I'd have had an even harder time keepin it between the navigational beacons. It certainly was five o'clock somewhere. heh

The drive down was great. It was warm enough that we had the top down all the way. On the car, I mean. It's usually too cold to put the top down til along about Atlanta, but not this year. In fact, we were sunburned before we ever got out of Illinois. The traffic wasn't too bad, either. Til we got past...oh...Tampa or so, anyway. Then it was just plain crazy. That kills me...usta be that once ya got south of Tampa, ya pretty much had 75 all to yourself. Not now. It was basically bumper to bumper til we got to Naples...then we hit 41 and drove through the 'glades. Slower pace, but the traffic was better and there was lots more to see. It's gator mating season, so we got to see three or four of 'em in their natural habitat. Very cool. Didn't take the time to get photos, though...maybe on the way back.


Charlie the crane, just hangin out, hopin for a treat.


Now HERE'S somethin ya don't see just every day...a couplea horseshoe crabs, caught en flagrante delicto. Hey, it's springtime...and a young horseshoe crab's thoughts turn to...gettin him a little shell. He evidently likes those "fuller-figured" gals...uh...crabs.


I think this was the same bastard crab that pinched me last year. And I still have the scar on my foot to prove it. If I coulda caught him, he'd have been lunch.


Charlie again...checkin out the wheels.


Conch-y tonkin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home