Friday, April 21, 2006

I ain't so very drunk, Melly

I dunno why that quote from "Gone With the Wind" is sticking in my mind right now. Other than the fact that I'm very drunk...Melly. I could be charged with BUI..."Blogging Under the Influence. I'd prolly shoot a...oh...I dunno...over a .8, that's for sure. Let's just say that it's a damn good thing I'm not drivin. Hell, I'm havin a hard enough time tiypin.

We had a great day. Cofee this morning on the beach, followed by a nice nap this afternoon, followed by a great supper of 'all you can eat Grouper' at some hole-in-the-wall joint that was recommended by some burnt-out chickie we ran into a couple nights ago. That was followed by a few Coronas at the "Carribean Club"...the joint where part of the classic movie "Key Largo" was filmed...just like Bogie and Bacall. heheh





Those couple of Coronas were followed by a few more back here at Popp's while we watched the sunset.




Pissed me off...while we were sittin on the beach, watchin the sunset, a family of touristas just hadda come over and show us photos of what we missed just as we were leavin to go chow. A manatee came a callin. We were just talkin to a dude this morning who works here, and he was tellin us that in all the years he's been here, there's only been two manatees that appeared in this area, even though we're right across the bay from the last island of th e Everglades. Today was number three and we missed it. The gal told us that he....'she'?...was bumping the swimmers and let them pet him/her and everything. Damn. Damn DAMN. I'm hopin that he/she found everyone so friendly that he/she will come back tomorrow...but I ain't holdin my breath.

We have had the opportunity to grab shots of a lot of other critters, though. I'll post photos tomorrow. When I'm not quite so...indisposed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home