Saturday, April 01, 2006

And today's number one politically incorrect comment is...

"Pull yer damned burnoose outa yer ass-crack, Hadji." - Ziggy the Droll

He might not be politically correct (gawd bless 'im) but he's funny as hell. Well, I think he's pretty funny, anyway. And what I think is all that really matters. hehe

I'm sure you're wondering just what in the hell prompted that slightly questionable quotable quote. (Ah DO like that letter 'Q')

I've mentioned before how much I like where we live. Several times. One of the reasons I like it so much is because of the diversity of our neighbors. This particular small complex is like a tiny microcosm of the middle to upper classes of the world. We have someone of nearly every age, every ethnicity, every profession and every religion. There are college students and there are 90+ year old women. Some of the professions include Caterpillar execs, physicians, nurses and a city employee or two of some kind. I've noticed in the last year or so, there seems to be a big influx of young Pakistani, Indian and Middle-Eastern families.

On any given day in the parking lot, you'll see men in galabiyya's or burnooses wearing turbans or thagiya's. You'll see women in the black burqa's or hijab's outside walking around with toddlers or women wearing the gorgeous peacock colors of India in choli's, sari's and salaar kameej's. (Ok...I hadda look all these articles of clothing up to see what they were called)

Today, we were headin out to do some errands and we drove past a couple of younger Middle-Eastern men chatting in the parking lot. One of the guys had on a white galabiyya, a long, shapeless kind of..well...dress, over his shirt and pants and was wearing a thagiya, a bill-less cap. As we drove past him (his back was to us), we noticed that he seemed to have a...uh...problem.

His galabiyya was firmly implanted...wadded up...in his butt-crack.

Ya know...like an old lady's housedress?

I had an almost overwhelming urge to stop the car, jump out and yank it out. No doubt that act would have been something horribly offensive in his culture, though. So I didn't. Who knows? Hell that mighta been an offense worthy of beheading in his country.

As far as I'm concerned, though, walkin around with your clothes stuck in your butt-crack is an offense worthy of beheading in any country.

I'm not a bit predjuiced against those of different cultures. I'm an equal opportunity fashion snark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home