Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My current obsession

Jake Shimabukuro and his uke have about as much in common with Tiny Tim and his uke as an eggplant does to a grandfather clock.



When we bought my little red Soul buggy, it came with three free months of Sirius Radio. I figured I'd use up my freebie months and that would be that. Until I found the Margaritaville station. And Jake Shimabukuro. (I know...easy for you to say, right?)

This kid has the balls to do "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"...and he just slays 'em both. But the song featured in the vid...it just makes me smile every time I hear it.

4 Comments:

At 10:33 PM , Blogger tkay said...

He is wonderful! Heard him at a Buffett concert in Vegas several years back. Have While My Guitar..., don't have Bohemian.

 
At 9:51 AM , Blogger Commander Zaius said...

Several of the operating rooms I have equipment in at work have satellite radio and I listen to Radio Margaritaville when I have stuff to do there.

I keep meaning to look up some of the lesser known artists and buy their CD's but haven't yet.

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger Omnibabe said...

He plays at the Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago from time to time -- and I've seen him there! Fabulous, idn't he?

 
At 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice sound fer sher.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home