Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Pure poetry

They just don't write like this anymore.

............. for as soon as he had kiss'd me, he rolled down the bed-cloaths, and seemed transported with the view of all my person at full length, which he cover'd with a profusion of kisses, sparing no part of me. Then, being on his knees between my legs, he drew up his shirt and bared all his hairy thighs, and stiff staring truncheon, red-topt and rooted into a thicket of curls, which covered his belly to the navel and gave it the air of a flesh brush; and soon I felt it joining close to mine, when he had drove the nail up to the head, and left no partition but the intermediate hair on both sides.

His stiff, staring, red-topt truncheon.

I tell ya...it's poetry, people.

And I'm gonna tell ya right now. You'd better protect your right to read poetry like this 'cause somewhere, someone wants to ban it. To keep you from EVER reading it. To pretend it never existed. To "protect" you for your own good.

Like
  • Junebugg
  • , I've always been one to buck authority. The instant someone tells me I shouldn't do something, especially if it's "for my own good", my hackles raise like...well...like a stiff truncheon.

    And nothing...I mean NOTHING...can push my buttons faster than someone trying to force their idea of morality down my throat. I'll admit that there are some things that I don't mind being pushed down...uh...nevermind.

    "Morality" ain't it. I'll leave it at that.

    I'm not one for touting "causes", but supporting the American Library Association's
  • Banned Book Week
  • (September 23-30) IS one that I'm firmly behind.

    (Too bad I couldn't have written that differently...gawd...I'd LOVE to say my "behind is firm".) But, I digress.

    The list of
  • banned books
  • is staggering.

    I'm cynical as hell, but it even suprised me. It ranges from The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn to Catcher in the Rye to Clan of the Cavebear, fer chrissake. Brave New World. Elmer Gantry. Whitman's Leaves of Grass. Works by Shakespeare. Of Mice and Men. Silas Marner. To Kill a Mockingbird. The Wizard of Oz.

    The fuckin' Wizard of Oz. Banned for "fantasy elements and negativism". FANTASY ELEMENTS! Duh. I thought that was like...one of the goals of a good fiction writer...to let the reader escape into the fantasy of the story.

    Gawd knows...as screwed up as our world is, escaping into a fantasy now and then is a good thing.

    Now if you'll excuse me, I hear a fantasy about hairy thighs and stiff, red-topt truncheons callin my name.

    After that, I'm gonna go read a banned book.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home