Monday, September 11, 2006

I think it went well

But who can really tell about interviews?

I mean, unless you commit some major faux pas like...oh...I dunno...forgetting what company you're interviewing with or maybe having an uncontrollable case of flatulence...who ever really knows how an interview goes?

Well, ya don't know until ya either get the job or get a "Thank you very much for your application, but..." letter.

Quite honestly, I don't know which to expect. Whatever it is, though, I'm supposed to find out "within two weeks".

It really was one of the more pleasant interviews I've had, though. At least these gals had an "interview module" (good gawd...yet another catchphrase..."module"). It was a friggin list of "What would you do...what would you do?" kinda questions. (My apologies to Karl Malden).

I really hate it when they don't have anything prepared and they expect you to just "tell me a little about yourself". I hate that.

I'm me. How do you explain that? I surely don't want to be completely honest. I mean, telling them that I'm one of the laziest people I know probably wouldn't get my foot in the door, huh? Or telling them that I'm opinionated...or outspoken...I guess those might be good qualities if I'm interviewing for a bouncer in a bar. But in this place? Naaahhhh. Not so much.

Should I tell them that I'm just about as jaded as a person can get? Probably not. Should I tell 'em that some people are just plain stupid and there's just not much you can do about that? Uh...nope. Not that, either.

Should I tell 'em that, in my opinion, common sense is far more important than a Master's degree? Maybe. But only if I know that my interviewer doesn't possess a Master's degree. I mean, I've known a few people with multiple degrees...and they had no more common sense than your average 3 year old.

Anywho, we'll see. They were both smiling when I left, so maybe that's like...a good thing?

Or maybe I just had a big booger hangin outa my nose?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home