Thursday, August 10, 2006

I don't WANT to be suspicious

I don't. I don't want to be paranoid. And I certainly don't want to be accused of racism on any level.

But, dammit...it's becoming more and more difficult.

Of course, it's all over the
  • news
  • about the Brits uncovering another terrorist plot.

    Yea, it was in Great Britan. Things like that always happen somewhere else, don't they? It can't possibly happen here. Not here in the midwest. Not here in little old River City. It couldn't possibly happen
  • here
  • . Could it?

    PEORIA - A federal judge in South Carolina has thrown out a former Bradley University student's demand to be released from military custody.
    U.S. District Judge Henry Floyd wrote in a 16-page order filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Charleston that the government had proved that Ali Saleh Kahleh al-Marri was an "enemy combatant," and therefore could be held indefinitely by the military.

    Furthermore, Floyd held the former West Peoria man's insistence of not presenting any evidence to rebut the government's contentions were his downfall.


    Yes. Yes it could.

    I think I've mentioned before that here, in our little apartment complex, there are a number of Muslims...seems like more move in every day. They're all quiet and though pretty reserved, are polite. I'm sure part of their reservation is that they just don't speak English very well.

    The women all cover their faces and wear the black burkas or whatever they're called. Many of the men wear pants with the long matching tunics. And they all seem to get lots of packages in the mail. (I don't snoop...the mailman leaves 'em in the foyer.)

    I have no idea...no way of knowing, really...if they're of the fundamentalist branch of their particular religion. It's not like they wear signs, do they? I have no way of knowing if those packages are from Pottery Barn or al-Qaida. I have no way of knowing if any of these Muslims are "sleeper agents".

    Believe me, I'd like to believe that they're not. But it's getting harder and harder to cling to that belief when it seems like they're all out to get us.

    And that's kind of the point. We just don't know. I don't know. They could be anywhere...even in Peoria. They could be anyone...even my neighbor.

    The thing is...and none of the talking heads seem comfortable saying it...but these terrorists...fundamentalist Muslims...hate us. They hate anyone who doesn't believe like they do. They hate anyone who doesn't think like they do. They want us all dead. Period. End of discussion.

    No amount of reasoning...no amount of peace talks no worthless "resolutions", none of this "diplomatic" horseshit will work. They have an agenda.

    And that agenda is death and destruction of all who do not believe.

    So my question is...when are we all gonna wake up and get it? When are we gonna finally understand that these people simply do not think the way we do? They never have and they never will. "Reasoning" doesn't work when their idea of reason is so far removed from ours.

    When are we gonna wake up and decide that we'd damn well better do something, political correctness be damned?

    I'm certainly not hateful to my neighbors. I'm not accusing anyone. I'm really not paranoid. I'm not exactly suspicious. Yet. But I am....alert.

    Wouldn't you be?

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home