Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"...a very dear family friend..."

It doesn't seem like enough, somehow.

To describe someone that has been a good friend as well as a friend of your parents; the mother of a close, childhood-right-up-to-present-time friend; someone you even worked with at a couple different jobs.

Someone whom you grew up knowing...who was always...there...in one way or another. If not in person, in spirit, surely.

To describe a person like that as "a dear family friend" just doesn't seem...adequate.

My heart hurts for my friend and her family. And I'm being selfish, but it hurts for myself, knowing that my "very dear family friend" is gone.

2 Comments:

At 10:14 PM , Blogger Mrs. Who said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss...but the best way to describe her would be 'family'...connected by hearts instead of genes.

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have people in my life like that and you are right, it doesn't do them justice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home