Wednesday, May 20, 2009

These menopausal mood swings have got to stop

Good gawdalmighty.

I bawled most of the way through the Idol finale. But holy shit...whatta show.

Rod Stewart started me off. He just looked and sounded so...feeble. Damn near broke my heart when he belted...uh...mewled out "Maggie May". One of my most favorite songs ever.

Why is it that we always think of our music idols as young and vibrant? I suppose it's because we idolized them when we were young and vibrant. Anyway, it made me really sad.

Oh, and as an aside, was it just me, or did anyone else think Cindy Lauper went into a trance and was tryin to channel Geronimo during "Time After Time"?

Just when I thought I might be ok, they brought out Carlos Santana...and I lost it again. Santana is fucking awesome. I wanna be his guitar.

Another aside...Lionel Richie looks better than he used to. Either he's had some work done or he's just one of those men who actually gets better looking as he ages. Oh, he's still ugly. But he used to be damn ugly.

I totally and completely lost it near the end when Queen showed up and the two boys did "We Are the Champions". See, Queen holds a special little spot in my heart. One of my most favorite things to do in the car is throw in a Queen CD and try to sing along with Freddie as they do "Bohemian Rhapsody". It ain't pretty. That's why I do it in the car. By myself. heh

Anywho, I'm glad the Idol season is over.

Now when are these friggin mood swings gonna stop?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home