Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Idly Idolling

My two favorite performances...so far.



'Course, this isn't exactly Cohen's version of "Hallelujah"...but it's damn close. I dunno what it is about Jason Castro, but...I think he's adorable. (Doncha hate that word?) I thought he kicked ass on Lovin Spoonful's "Daydream", too. He's proven he's a great balladeer, but I wanna see what else he can do. Simon hit it right on the head last night...if you just listen to him, it's really not amazing...ya hafta watch him, too. He's got..."it". Whatever it is. And I thought he did a perfectly passable version of "Michelle" last night.



I wasn't much of a Chikezie fan...until he did "She's a Woman". Made me wanna get up and dance. Loved the honky-tonk-Oh-Brother-Where-Art-Thou beginning. Loved the switch in tempo. Loved that jiggety-stuttery thing he did towards the end. Loved it that he looked like he was havin a ball. Loved the whole thing.

Even though (or maybe it's because) I'm a huge Beatle fan, I wasn't overly impressed with any of 'em last night.

David Archuleta is pretty amazing for a 17 year old. But I still think he's kinda...smarmy...in a Howdy Doody kinda way.

I love Amanda's difference. She can do a kick-ass Joplin...but not much else. I'd like to hear her do a bluesy "Summertime".

I don't like David Cook. No particular reason...just don't like him.

Michael Johns? I was blown away when he did "Bohemian Rhapsody" in the tryouts. Haven't been blown away since. But I do love that Aussie accent and he's not a bit hard on the eyes.

Carly has a great voice. But she's too....pointy. Just look at her sometime. She kinda reminds me of The Joker on Batman.

I like Brooke...in a sort of a Carly Simon/Carole King/Judy Collins kinda way.

Syesha, Kristy Lee and Ramiele? Eh, Eh and Eh. Ho, Hum and Yawn.

I think Kristy'll go bye-bye tonight. Which is about three shows after she should have.

It's weird. Usually, I have a winner picked by now. But this year...well...I just don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home