Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New look...new smell

Nope. It's not a new car. If it was, it'd probably be one of
  • these


  • No, the new look I'm referring to is me.

    I think the hormonal swings of menopause might have a little bit to do with it. (Wheeeee! It's like a roller coaster...without the puking.)

    I whacked all my hair off. It's short. I'd like for it to be a little shorter, even. But I've finally come to the conclusion that a crew cut just wouldn't be me. And I think I was startin to make da Zigster a bit nervous. heh

    I've also started on (yet another) personal improvement plan.

    I'm gonna lose some of this weight if it kills me. 'Cause if I don't, I'm afraid it will kill me.

    See, I had some blood work done a couple weeks ago and my blood sugar is a tad over "normal". It's not bad...yet. But I don't want it to get any higher. I don't have a problem with being fat...hell, I've been fat all my life and if it was just that, I'd stay fat. I like to eat, ok?

    But I'll be damned if I'm gonna develop Type II diabetes. I. WILL. NOT.
    Period. Exclamation point. Not gonna happen.

    Sooo...here we go again with the "Caveman Diet". Meat and fresh veggies. It's worked well for me a couple times before, and I'm comfortable with it. I like meat and fresh vegetables. But I've also decided that I'm gonna be a little more realistic about it this time. I can't just go cold turkey as far as carbs go. So I'll have one "free" day...when I can eat pretty much what I want...within reason.

    I'm pretty motivated...this time. We'll see how it goes.

    Oh, and the new smell? I treated myself to some new perfume today.
  • Ralph Lauren's Romance


  • Corny name. Nice smell.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home