Friday, July 13, 2007

Every picture tells a story....

...don't it?

The Chronicles of Cheeseburgerweddingpalooza: Episode 4

(My apologies to Rod Stewart.)

So. I decided that we needed a couple-three signs or something for the Cheeseburgerweddingpalooza. See, the route to our house is kinda...convoluted. I thought it might be handy for those that haven't been here before to have some kinda...guide...thing.

Oh...to back up a little...the reason I keep callin it 'Cheeseburgerweddingpalooza' is because the invitations (which really don't look like invitations) start off by saying:

"Please Come and Share a Cheeseburger in Paradise With Us"
(I'll post the whole thing at some point.)

Aaaaanywho...some foamcore board, I thought. And markers. I'll make a coupla signs. Then I got to thinkin to myself, "Self? Just what do you propose to attach these signs to? On the corners where they should go, there's really nothin to attach 'em to.

Off to the local craft store. Where I find the perfect supports for the signs...free-standing, wrought iron yard flag hanger...things. (Figure that one out) And they were on CLEARANCE! Cheap, baby. On to the foamcore board section. Whooo Hoo! It's also 50% off!
(Hey, that shit's expensive, ain't it?...like 4 bucks for a poster-size.)

Then I get to browsin around...and discover that kid's foam stuff on sale, too. Ya know? Those sheets of colored foam? Kids cut it up into shapes and glue it on ...well...whatever. It also comes in already-pre-cut shapes...allll kindsa shapes. Karsin, the grandkiddie, looooves the stuff.

So I get to thinkin to myself, "Self? What could I do with this stuff?"

Then I find three PALM TREES made outa that same foam.

DING! DING! DING! (That's the sound of an idea poppin into my pea-brain.)

Who wants to see some tacky, boring old hand-lettered sign sayin, "THIS WAY TO CHEESEBURGERWEDDINGPALOOZA!"

Ppppppffffftttttttt!

Noooooo. I gotta do somethin different. Still tacky. But different.

A couple hours later...



So? The cheeseburger says...well...cheeseburger. And the palm tree, sun and surf says 'paradise'...don't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home