Saturday, December 12, 2009

New look

Same old shit

Good gawd. I'd rather have my girly-parts waxed with hydrochloric acid than mess with my template.

Unfortunately, it had to be done.

See...last night, I logged in to Haloscan to check my pretty-much nonexistent comments, only to discover that Haloscan has been/will soon be taken over by something called "Echo", a commenting system that charges for the service. Of course.

Now, I wouldn't have minded so much...it was only like 10 bucks a year...but after signing up, I discovered that it was clunky and junky and not at all user-friendly...for a Luddite like me, anyway.

In other words, there was no "If you want to do (whatever), click here." kind of instructions. In fact, it took me a good hour to figure out exactly where the damn "moderate comments" doo-dad was. Of course, it didn't say "moderate comments"...or even anything that would translate as that.

Fuck that shit.

Soooo, this morning, I girded my non-waxed-in-hydrochloric-acid loins, dived into Mr. Template and attempted to remove the offending Echo crap and switch back to Blogger comments.

Riiiight.

Let's just say it was easier to ditch the whole fuckin mess and start over.

So I did.

Fortunately, I've finally figured out how to add my links back in...or most of 'em, anyway. Unfortunately, I've thus far been unable to figure out how to add my little blogger awards and other doo-hickeys to the sidebar.

Screw it.

I need a martini.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm, i'm here everyday. You mean you don't see me? ..lol i'll just bet there's a bunch of invisible ppl like me, well... okay, perhaps not exactly like me.. :-)

But.. i'm here everyday, even when you're not.
Love your site. And a new one i've just gotten attached to: StoryTellerDoc. i picked that up off a link from your site. In a round about way... but, at any rate, for the most part he makes me laugh... as do you.

 
At 10:21 PM , Blogger Commander Zaius said...

One of the reasons I scrapped my old blog was cause in a motel room while bored to tears I decided to play with my template.

Blogger updated much of the dashboard and supposedly it much easier. But I really don't wat to even chance it.

 
At 12:30 PM , Anonymous Connie said...

It's looks great Pam and you are a breath of fresh air to read. Merry Christmas.

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger Nate said...

Wait, what's this about Haloscan changing? Nobody's said anything to me about it. And even though I need to update my template to update the way my archives appear, I'm chicken. Never mind the the thought of waxing my piecesparts, cause that's notgonnahappen.com. But I guess I need to find out about this Haloscan change business.

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger Pammy said...

Nate, from what I understand, this Echo thing is rolling out a bit at a time...maybe you just haven't gotten notification, yet. At any rate, I DID get my 9.95 refunded.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home