Monday, August 13, 2007

Pleasantly surprised, arent'cha?

Two posts in one day...that have nothing whatsoever to do with the Cheeseburgerweddingpalooza.

Ok, so that's not exactly true. I just wanna mention one thing, then I'll stop with all the wedding shit.

Our "semi-pro" photographer/neighbor isn't semi-pro, at all. She's a freakin amazing photographer.
She stopped by yesterday afternoon with our wedding gift...7 copies of a slide show DVD that she'd made of the wedding eve, the wedding and the reception/party, complete with six Buffet tracks that we'd picked out beforehand.

Oh. My. Gawd. It's awesome! I just wish there was some way I could set it up so y'all could see/hear it. Anybody have any ideas on that? Especially since our DVD writer/reader/thingy on the computer seems to have bitten the big one. It'd be great if I could send a copy to someone and have them set it up for me. (hint hint)

Anywho, if anyone's plannin a weddin or some other event that they'd like a DVD made of, or just want photos, shoot me an email and I'll send you her name and contact info. We highly recommend her.

Now for the real reason for this post. We have some new Peoria-area bloggers!

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't checked 'em all out completely. But what I've seen I've liked, so maybe you will, too.

In no particular order:

Go check out Reno of
  • BlargenBlog
  • . He's a brand-new daddy, smart as hell when it comes to computer stuff and he's funny, too. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the first
  • Peoria.com
  • forum bash.

    Next in line is East Bluff Barbie of
  • Askewed News
  • . I love sarcasm, and this gal's got it...in spades! Love her take on local news.

    I don't know Kevin of
  • The Usual Suspects
  • , but he's a lawyer and he likes beer and pizza, so he's ok in my book.

    Last, but certainly not least, is Sue of
  • My Flock Rocks!
  • . She's been a frequent commenter here and has become a great pal through our shared love of flamingos and all things "tropical". She's also the one that brought the really cool "cheeseburger" cookies to our wedding.

    Ooops! Forgot one...
    ...as Kevin so politely pointed out. DO go check out
  • Grandma's Attic
  • . She's a smart cookie, too. But lookin at her photo, I'm havin a hard time believin she's a grandma.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home